About Our Church
Do you have mobility issues? Trinity has ramps that allow wheelchair access to both the church and to the parish hall.
Our mission: Trinity Church Lansingburgh is an Episcopal Community that is guided by the Holy Scriptures to invite others to join us in celebrating and experiencing the love of Jesus in our lives, in our fellowship, in our worship, and in our service to all people.
Trinity's History: Trinity Church was organized in January 1804. The building, designed by Philip Hooker, was completed in 1805. On December 25, 1868, a fire fueled by Christmas greens destroyed the original church structure.
The current Gothic Revival building was designed by Harry Dudley, and the cornerstne was laid on August 10, 1869. A Meneely bell was placed in the church tower in 1877. The choir room, which is now a Sunday School classroom, was built in 1894.
The Reverend David Butler, a Revolutionary War veteran, served as the first rector from 1804 to 1814. He and other Revolutionary War and Civil War veterans as well as prominent citizens of early Lansingburgh are interred in the graveyard adjacent to the church. On July 27, 1995, the Trinity Church Lansingburgh complex was placed on the New York State and Federal Registers of Historic Places. Our current congregation is a living legacy to those early days when Trinity was building its stone foundation as well as its foundation of spirit.
Free Community Meals
Women of Trinity
Photos of our parish activities are posted on our blog - Trinity Church Lansingburgh Updates.
Trinity Church Lansingburgh -115th Street and 4th Avenue - Troy, NY 12182 - (518) 235-3873